Tuesday, February 26, 2008

12-Week Doctor Appointment

Today Brandon went with me to my second OB appointment. Overall, it was fairly uneventful. We talked to the doctor about trying for a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) and got the okay. In fact, the doctor highly recommended it and said I was the best candidate for it that he's seen in a while. That was good news! I'm fully aware that you cannot determine how the birth is going to go until the actual day, but I want recovery to be as easy as possible since this time I'll be chasing a 2-year old around, too.
And, best of all ~ heartbeat
The doctor was able detect the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and even caught the sounds of the baby splashing around.
Things are going well, and we couldn't be happier.
My friend George is going to do an ultrasound for me this weekend. We're hoping to find a babysitter for Kaitlin so Brandon can go too. I will be about 13 weeks and *sometimes* it's possible to see the gender this early. It will all depend on how stubborn the baby is, so wish us luck!!! I'm sure I will have some pictures to post, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's times like these that I wish we lived closer! I'd soooooo love to watch lil' Miss K. while you both went for the ultra. I guess I'll just have to continue to dream and wish! Congrats on a good doctor's checkup!