Friday, October 24, 2008

Thirty Things

I turned thirty today and thought it would be fun to brainstorm and list thirty things that I am truly thankful for. When I look back on the last 30 years, I'm proud of where I've been and what I've done. Even more so, I'm excited to see what the future holds!

Here is my list of Thirty Things (in no particular order) :

1. My husband - my partner, my BFF, my one true love.
2. My daughter, Kaitlin - who has taught me the true meaning of patience. ;)
3. My daughter, Zoey - who is proving that no two children are alike.
4. My house - a place to call home.
5. My job - money is essential.
6. My husband's job - money is essential.
7. My husband's car - he could ride the bus, but owning a car makes it that much easier to get to work.
8. My car - sometimes I need to go places while he's at work.
9. My cell phone - my way of communicating with the outside world.
10. The internet - so useful in so many different ways.
11. The computer - the portal to the world wide web.
12. My dog, Charlie - our sweet little pal who guilts me into exercise - everyone needs a good walk once in a while.
13. My cat, Kasper - most of the time I love when he curls up in my lap. ;)
14. Our families - so supportive and loving; I really couldn't ask for a better group of people to love my children
15. TV - possibly the world's greatest invention ever.
16. My DVR - yet another brilliant invention. You get to watch the shows you want to watch when you want to watch them. Pause and rewind live TV? Mr. Tivo, you had me at hello.
17. My health - I am even more thankful for this now that we have two young children.
18. My husband's health - little girls need a daddy; thank goodness he's healthy.
19. The baby swing - mama's arms get tired.
20. My bed - geesh, could you imagine life without a bed?!
21. My friends - the greatest group of people ever.
22. The baby sling - allows me to chase daughter #1 while daughter #2 is curled up cozily right next to me.
23. Children's programming - lessens the mommy-guilt I feel when the TV is on.
24. The ability to breastfeed my baby - breastmilk is the best milk.
25. Food and water - required.
26. Freedom - I'm a proud American.
27. Music/Radio - who doesn't love singing along to a good tune?!
28. Myspace/email/text - communication at it's best.
29. Diet Coke - zero calories, yet soooo tasty.
30. My camera - documents moments of our lives.

This list is in no way inclusive of all that I am thankful for. In fact, as I type this, I'm thinking of even more things.

Maybe I'll do the list again when I'm 50... ;)

2 comments:

Diane / Mimi said...

and.... we're thankful for such a wonderful daughter-inlaw. Happy 30 Barb!!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated 30th. Welcome to your thirties... waaaaaaaay better than your twenties, I'm finding.