Friday, January 18, 2008

Worried Momma Sees Heartbeat

I'm such a worrier... and sad to admit, but it's gotten worse since we had Kaitlin. I'm always wondering "what if..." and preparing for the worst case scenario. Today, my worrying resulted in spending $30 on our little embryo's first professional pictures. To make a long story short, I noticed a LITTLE bit of spotting when I went to the bathroom yesterday, and then it was still there today! Yesterday I figured it was a fluke, but today when it was still there, I knew I had to get it checked out. I called the doctor and they asked me to come in as soon as possible. Luckily, I wasn't having any pain or any other bad signs with it.
When I got to the doctor, they did a (fun?) probe ultrasound. When the doctor found the little peanut, I almost immediately saw the heartbeat flickering on the screen of the ultrasound machine! PHEW, what a reflief! My worrying mind was put at ease! She delivered even more good news when she measured the baby, and it measured right on target.
Overall, the brief appointment went well. The doctor reassured me that spotting doesn't necessarily mean doom. She said spotting in early pregnancy is actually fairly common, and from what she could tell, I have no reason at all to worry.

My official first doctor's appointment is on Tuesday morning, Jan 22nd. At that appointment, they will do a more in-depth evaluation. They will give me an official due date and set me up with a doctor/nurse practicioner team. I won't be seeing the same doctor for this pregnancy, but I've never been one to prefer one doctor over another, so that's fine with me.

So, here they are.... the first official pictures of our little peanut. They cost $30 (copay) so please enjoy them as much as you can. I'm sure if you look really close, you'll be able to see the boy that Brandon is hoping for.... or maybe it's the girl that I'm hoping for??? (oh, and don't ask me which part is the head and which is the butt, hahaha!)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! I'm changing my nickname for this one from Bean 2 (the sequel) to Worm. Hopefully, you're taking it easy with your feet prompt up and the remote in your hand. Tell Brandon he has to do everything for the next 7 months!

Love-

Mom

tara said...

Here's to you and your little "pea"! Glad to hear that you are doing okay and that everything is on schedule!